COVID-19 Delta Variant
- Viruses constantly change through mutations. Slightly different forms of a virus are called variants. Delta is a variant of the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Delta spreads about twice as easily compared to previous variants. It has quickly grown from less than 1% of cases in May to more than 80% now.
- Delta is spreading rapidly in especially unvaccinated population. Vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of total transmission.
- Because some vaccinated people can get spread Delta, CDC recommends everyone in areas of substantial and high spread wear a mask.
- The best way to stop the spread of Delta is to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines offer protection against Delta and other variants.